Explore where centuries of stories are carved into stone and beyond…
Outside the elegant city of Bath, with its heritage, culture, and history; the English countryside stretches out around you, waiting to be explored. From losing time in the soulful Cotswold villages to discovering the mysterious Stonehenge, sacred Lacock or collegiate Oxford, Bath isn't the only gem of this region worth bathing in. Take a tour from Bath to experience the treasures for yourself.
While the city was built purely for pleasure and relaxation, and it’s famous for its thermal water, there’s so much beyond its snug streets to explore. And Bath is so much more, too. It’s artistic. It’s historical. It’s luxurious. Whatever drew you to Bath to start with, ensure you visit the surroundings too with our tours of England.
We can’t fathom a world without Bath. It’s the kind of place you go where you’re surrounded by living, breathing history. Beauty. Excitement. This is why we have our responsible travel initiative. By donating, volunteering and caring for the places we love, we can help to protect the locations we visit.
- Founded by the Romans in 70AD, Bath is the only place in England with natural hot springs. Rich in minerals, these waters are believed to have healing properties.
- The Royal Crescent is a popular filming location and you might recognisze it from shows like Sherlock and Bridgerton.
- If you’re a believer in the healing properties of natural springs, you can sample the water at the Roman Baths. Be warned: it’s got a kick.
- Their rivalry is legendary: Bath Buns or Sally Lunn Buns? It’s your turn to decide which is better.
- Grab a takeaway snack and sit in the courtyard outside Bath Abbey. Let the energy of this passionate city wash over you.