Positions for the 2013 season being recruited now.
As UK ’s leading multi-award winning small group tour operator, we are looking for new talent. We are currently inviting applications for the following positions in Edinburgh, Glasgow and London.
To lead and guide small group minicoach tours throughout Scotland, England and Wales, and consistently deliver a memorable and enriching experience that will last our customers a lifetime.
Candidates based in Edinburgh, Glasgow and London are sought for tours operating from those cities.
- Display a pride and passion for the country and what it has to offer.
- Demonstrate an appetite and enthusiasm for learning and continually developing your wide ranging cultural, historical and social knowledge
- Ability to communicate the above knowledge and entertain people from all over the world.
- Demonstrate a high degree of flexibility and adaptability.
- Maintain and develop the highest standards of customer service.
- Continuously develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- To drive top of the range minicoaches with due care and attention at all times for the comfort and safety of passengers.
- Guide and lead small groups on tours including leading groups on nature trail walks.
- Complete on a daily basis all vehicle safety checks and legal documentation.
- Be able to use your own initiative and problem solving skills to provide a seamless service to passengers.
- To follow our environmental policies and encourage customers to enjoy their holidays in accordance with our sustainable tourism practices.
- Provide constructive feedback to continuously improve the quality of the tours.
Candidates can expect to earn at least £17,500 per annum + benefits, including your share of up to 20% of company profits. Holiday entitlement 20 Days and 8 public holidays.
A PCV licence will be a requirement of successful candidates taking up any position offered to them, and whilst holders of a PCV licence will have an advantage in the recruitment process, Rabbie's will recruit people on the basis of the above skills and provide the necessary 16 seat minicoach PCV training for successful candidates.
Please download and complete our application form and email it to email@example.com or post it to:
Rabbie’s Trail Burners Ltd,
207 High Street,
Do you have a passion to sell the UK and Ireland’s splendour to customers from all over the world? Do you want to join a friendly, enthusiastic and highly motivated team? Have you got experience of the Scottish Highlands and Islands, northern Britain, the heart of England, northern Wales or Devon and Cornwall? If the answers to the above questions are yes, then we think you’d be a great addition to our team!
Rabbie’s Small group tours offer a collection of award winning tours. We work with agents from all over the world- for our agents we also offer tour and city break packages, as well as a small range of self drive packages.
Exceptional customer service is what has got us to where we are today, we are a friendly, enthusiastic, experienced, reliable and knowledgeable team and we are looking for new members to help us expand our products and make 2012 our most successful year yet!
It’s about being passionate about our country and being 100% confident that our tours are going to give our customers memories to last a lifetime…
Working as part of our team you will be helping Rabbie’s to continue to develop and produce experiences that last a lifetime. From selling our scheduled tours, booking accommodation, processing agent bookings, putting together city packages and tailor made tours to dealing with our agent self drive tours and packages. We strive to be better and are continually listening to feedback to be the best at what we do.
- Delivering exceptional customer experiences.
- A passion for selling and meeting targets.
- Fantastic attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to adapt to new programmes and systems.
- To have a pride and passion for travel with a good geographic knowledge of the UK and Ireland.
- To have a passion for learning and developing new skills as well as being actively involved in giving feedback to developing our products.
- To have experience of, and enjoy working with industry operators and other key partners.
- Plan, prepare and cost itineraries (travel plans) for clients and make travel, accommodation and related bookings.
- Process payments and undertake general ad hoc administrative duties.
- To enjoy working in a team as well as on your own and to be confident to think on your feet to solve problems.
- To care for our environment and work in a sustainable way that ensures that we leave our country preserved for future generations to enjoy.
Salary from £15,000* per annum (pro rata) + bonus scheme
(*dependent on relevant experience).
We expect you to know about Rabbie’s but we don’t expect you to know everything! Training will be provided. Experience working in a retail travel agency and/or tour operator (or similar selling environment) is advantageous.
To apply please please download and complete our application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to:
Rabbie’s Trail Burners Ltd.,
207 High Street,
We look forward to hearing from you.
We've been delivering small group tours since 1993 and in that time we have become recognised as the best at what we do. We are the original small group tour company who have stuck to our principles of providing small group experiences. We operate a fleet of 16 seat modern fuel efficient Mercedes minicoaches. We believe a small group tour with a maximum of 16 passengers really does make a big difference to our customer's trip. It allows us to give them a more personal service and remain the only 5 Star operator to offer this personal guarantee. It allows us to get off the beaten track and visit the places the larger coaches cannot go. If this approach appeals to you please get in touch.
We believe in getting people off the beaten track and off the bus as much as possible, so our passengers can get a real feel for the country come rain, hail or shine. Most of our tours incorporate nature trail walks suitable for virtually all people, young and old, so that the magnificent scenery of our country does not just pass them by through the minicoach window.
We have won numerous awards and are seeking motivated people to join in our success. We are accredited as Hospitality Assured and committed to equal opportunities for all. We have a strong reputation for our Customer Care and Responsible Tourism practices. Rabbie's is a Green Tourism Business Scheme Gold award winner and winner of the inaugural 2007 Scottish Thistle Sustainable Tourism award. In 2008 Rabbie's won the Scottish Thistle award for People Development in the large tourism business category, underlying our commitment to fully training our people so that their skills are continuously developed to provide unique and memorable experiences that last a lifetime. Recently we were recognised at Scotland's Tour Operator Employer of the Year in 2011.
In 2009 we were winner of the VIBES (Vision in Business for the Environment Scotland) award and double Scottish Thistle Award winners - The Extra Mile Award for Customer Care Award and Operator Programme of the Year. In 2010 we were recognised for our responsible business practices as the Scottish Business in the Community's Small to Medium Sized Business of the Year and were recognized for our Innovation with another Thistle award. That made it a record of 5 Thistle Awards in 4 years, something no other Scottish Tourism business has ever achieved.
In 2011 our achievements were recognised further afield as we were cited as Europe's Outstanding Example of a Sustainable and Responsible Tour Operator at the Vision Europe awards at the International Travel Trade Fair in Berlin.
You can find further details about Rabbie's throughout this website.